On 31st May 2017 the city of Uralsk will be hosting an environmental forum - Uralsk Green Forum: “Current environmental and energy saving issues. New approaches and solutions”.
The Uralsk Green Forum sets an objective to discuss up-to-date environmental and energy saving issues for the purpose of the Green Economy Concept development in the run-up to EXPO-2017 exhibition, as well as to review current approaches and solutions in the area of waste management. The Forum coincides with the World Environment Day celebrated worldwide on 5th June. The main goals of the Uralsk Green Forum are:
- Creation of effective communication and information and business platform in the oil and gas industry to address environmental protection and energy saving issues in the B2G and B2B formats;
- Sharing of experience and building а platform for further cooperation within the Green Economy Concept implementation;
- Promotion of intensive development of environmental sector in the oil and gas industry;
- Determination of the factors constraining the implementation of energy-saving and energy-efficient technologies and the search for possible solutions;
- Support of Kazakhstani manufacturers and representatives of small- and medium-sized businesses, representing their goods and services in the area of environmental protection, green technologies and waste processing;
- Support of the status of the city of Uralsk as а key meeting place for ecologists of natural resource user companies, representatives of senior level government institutions, specialized associations and environmental experts.