KPO conducts its activities based on sustainability principles as inherent components of conducting business. Our partnership with the authorities enables us to align our business with the Government’s objective to promote the Country’s sustainable growth while developing its natural resources.
KPO’s sustainability efforts are based on the following pillars:
- world-class health, safety and environmental practices,
- robust corporate governance principles,
- best available technologies in operations,
- enhanced local content in staff, goods, works and services, and
- continued investment in social infrastructure projects and the Western Kazakhstan regional economy.
Our sustainable development objectives are defined in the KPO Sustainability Charter. In recognition of the Republic of Kazakhstan’s commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), we measure our own success through the prism of principles set by our Sustainable Development Charter.
Through annual Sustainability Reports, which have long become the Venture’s key communication platform, we inform our stakeholders about our operational achievements and ongoing and future development projects. Here we also update our readers on KPO’s performance against the set targets in sustainability topics, including environmental management, social performance and value added in the supply chain.
KPO Sustainability Report 2019 is the 12th report in a row. This document has been issued in accordance with the GRI Standards, in the ‘Core’ option. We also apply some of the GRI G4 Oil & Gas Sector Disclosures in the Report. Verification of disclosure of 10 key material topics in accordance with the GRI Standard was made by EY.
KPO sustainable reporting has come a long way since the first edition:
- In 2009, KPO was the first company in Kazakhstan to issue an independently assured sustainability report in accordance with international standards.
- In 2014, KPO was again first in the country to issue the Sustainability Report in accordance with the latest Guideline 4 of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI G4).
- Our Reports for 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 have received national recognition in the annual contents and ratings of the Rating Agency ‘Expert RA Kazakhstan’ (RAEX).
- In 2018, KPO was selected a finalist in the Asian Sustainability Reporting Awards (ASRA) 2018 in the nominations ‘Best Environmental Reporting’ and ‘Best Workplace Reporting’.
Independent verification of eleven KPO sustainability reports for compliance of disclosed information was conducted by audit companies. In 2019, we cooperated with the GRI Organization regarding the assessment of the GRI Content compliance with the GRI Standard.
If you wish to comment on the 2019 Report, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the Feedback form placed below.
We believe that a good business while pursuing its objectives ought to take into account the opinion of its stakeholders. Stakeholders are generally defined as ‘individuals, groups of individuals or organisations that affect and/or may be affected by an organisation’s activities, products or services and associated performance with regard to the issues to be addressed by the engagement.’- AA1000 Stakeholder Engagement Standard 2011.
We engage our stakeholders through a two-way communication. Our identified major stakeholder groups are presented below. All our departments, from Operations to Corporate, one way or another constantly engage with their respective stakeholders.